Friday, June 26, 2009

What We Are Reading Lately...

Our trip to the library provided the opportunity to borrow two brand new books! I just love brand new books - never touched and crisp and clean....




Puppies and Piggies - C. Rylant
a new picture book from Cynthia Rylant for the youngest of readers . I really like the rhyme and how the story takes us around the farm to meet various baby animals. Adorable illustrations - the twins love it.




The Tushy Book - F. Manushkin
one of my new favorite picture books. This is our second time borrowing it from the library because my twins were asking for it. It's all about tushies and it even has a website here.



I Took My Frog to The Library - E. Kimmel
this is one of my favorites from my school library days. Some of the story situations are out dated...card catalog anyone?, but the animals taking over the library made my kids smile and ask for it to be read again.

A Cuddle for Little Duck - C. Freedman
a new board book about a little duck's day. Cute rhyme and cute pictures. Great bedtime read.

Maisy Dresses Up - L. Cousins
Maisy gets read a lot in our house - this is a cute story about Maisy going to a costume party. Did I mention the twins love Maisy? We have our own Maisy Dolls. We have a Maisy playset. We even have a Maisy game. Maisy books are perfect for 2 year olds...and even for 3 year olds...not sure how long this fascination will last.

Anyone else have a child fascinated with a book character ???

3 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

My daughter loves Angelina and Fancy Nancy right now.

Brimful Curiosities said...

My daughter likes Amelia Bedelia.

Librarian Mommy said...

I love Amelia Bedelia - a more sophisticated audience though - my twins might be too young. I definitely have Fancy Nancy on my agenda. We have read a few Angelina books - not sure if the twins like it or not. Thanks for the suggestions.